The Vocational Training Unit is mandated to carry out all activities that will lead delegates under the Presidential Amnesty Programme to acquire various vocational skills whether onshore or offshore.
- Participate in the vendor selection process by making a comprehensive analysis of proposal.
- Make inputs in the evaluation committee and tenders board meeting.
- Liaise with Data Unit for selection of qualified delegates for training.
- Liaise with vendors to ensure adequate preparation for deployment, training, graduation, and successful return of graduates to their homes.
- Organize prequalification exercises, deployments, orientation, and intervention programmes.
- Periodic visits to training centres to ensure that the trainings are carried out in accordance with the guidelines of the Vocational Training Unit.
- Ensure that the contractor complies with proposal agreement.
- Ensure valuations for payment to contractors are processed as at when due in liaison with related departments.
- Liaise with the Central Security and Monitoring Team (CSMT) and Peace Building & Conflict Resolution (PCBR) for all intervention and security related incidents that may arise in any vocational training centre.
- Ensure that proper documentation and all logistics are in place for monitoring and evaluation and graduation ceremonies.
- Liaise with the various Liaison Managers overseeing the five (5) different liaison offices in Rivers (Imo, Abia, Akwa Ibom, Cross River), Bayelsa, Delta (Edo), and Ondo states respectively.