Communique Of The Interactive Peace Building Meeting With The Interim Administrator Of The Presidential Amnesty Programme, Col. Milland Dixon Dikio (Rtd)
Venue: Bradama International Skill Works Ltd Complex, Agadagba-Obon, Arogbo, Ese-Odo L. G. A. Ondo State.
Date: 18th December, 2020.
At a meeting convened by High Chief Bibopere Ajube for Niger Delta Leaders and Ex-Niger Delta Agitators in particular with the Interim Administrator of the Presidential Amnesty Programme, Col. Milland Dixon Dikio (rtd) on the 18th day of December 2020 at the conference room of Bradama International Skill Works Ltd, Agadagba-Obon, Arogbo, Ese – Odo LGA Ondo State.
In attendance were the President Emeritus of the Ijaw Youth Council (IYC), Dr. Chris Ekiyor, Gen. Victor Ebikabowei (a.k.a BoyLoaf), sixteen Generals of the First Phase of the Amnesty Programme, twelve Second Phase Generals and sixteen Third Phase Generals wherein the following resolutions were reached:
- The Meeting thanked High Chief Bibopere Ajube for hosting the meeting in furtherance of the one hosted by King Ateke Tom at Okochiri, Rivers state; the meeting further urged that such meetings be held regularly.
- It was resolved that Col. Milland Dikio (rtd) be commended for the right steps taken so far in terms of wide consultations in tandem with the spirit of the Presidential Amnesty Programme and urge him to continue in that light.
- That the Leadership Structure established at the inception of the programme be sustained and respected to include the stratified organs of Leadership, and when necessary, engaging the Pioneer Stakeholders in resolving difficulties that may be encountered within the region.
- That all forms of restiveness, in particular blocking of highways be stopped forthwith.
- The meeting further resolved that leaders of the Niger Delta must ensure sustainable peace in their communities by working with appropriate agencies of government to stop the ugly trend of Kidnapping, Sea piracy and Armed Robbery in the Niger Delta.
- The meeting urge the Interim Administrator to ensure that all the Accounts matters related to Data manipulation resulting to Name changing and deleting of bonafide beneficiaries be resolved.
- The meeting urge the Interim Administrator to as a matter of urgency, review and ensure that Sons and daughters of the Niger Delta extraction who have legitimate contract and have completed same but are yet to be paid be considered for payment in this ongoing exercise.
- That our brothers and sisters who are beneficiaries of the academic training programme and not receiving in training allowance be considered for payment to help ease their financial burden.
- The meeting encourage the Interim Administrator to sustain and improve on the academic training programme.
- The meeting urge the Federal Government to ensure speedy and urgent completion of the East-West road and other abandoned projects in the region.
- The meeting urge the Amnesty Office, the NDDC, Niger Delta Ministry and other MDAs to continually engage Leadership of the Niger Delta.
- The meeting also resolved that the Interim Administrator should take the bold step to facilitate the Inter-Agency collaboration between the Federal Government and MDAs that have roles to play in the Niger Delta such as the NDDC, NIWA, NIMASA, NPA, Niger Delta Ministry, Ministry of Transport, Ministry of Works and the Petroleum Resources Ministry to enhance the development of the region as captured in the Presidential Amnesty Declaration.
- The meeting thanked all for attending this all-inclusive meeting.
Ezekiel Akpasibowei Aso Tambo Sylvester Julius Joseph
Phase 1 Coordinator Phase 2 Coordinator Phase 3 Coordinator
High Chief Bibopere Ajube Gen. Victor Ben Ebikabowei Dr. Chris Ekiyor